UPDATED: Closures on Monday, October 29th due to Hurricane Sandy
Friday, October 26th
UPDATED 10/28 5:15pm
A large storm is predicted to hit New York City starting on Sunday, October 28th. A mandatory evacuation of Zone A is in effect.
- The Staten Island Mall will be closed on Monday.
- The Staten Island Museum will be closed Monday.
- New York Public Libraries will be closed Monday.
- The Staten Island Ferry will be suspended from St. George at 8pm and Whitehall from 8:30pm.
- City University campuses (including the College of Staten Island) will be closed Monday.
- All City Parks will be closed as of 5pm on Sunday.
- All MTA Services (subways and buses) will be suspended as of 7pm Sunday. Service should resume 12 hours after the storm.
- Wagner College has cancelled classes for Monday and Tuesday, October 29th & 30th.
- National Parks Services and National Recreation Areas will also be closed on Monday and Tuesday (10/29 & 10/30). This includes Fort Wadsworth, Miller Field, and Great Kills.
- Snug Harbor Cultural Center and all organizations on site (including the Staten Island Children's Museum, the Staten Island Museum History Archive, and the Noble Maritime Collection) will be closed starting at 7pm Sunday and all day Monday, October 29th. Tuesday's Farm Stand has also been cancelled. For more information, go to Snug-Harbor.org.
- The Staten Island Zoo will be closed on Monday, October 29th.
If you don't have to go outside over the next few days, don't. Stay safe!
For more updates, go to nyc.gov or call 311.